Well, you can’t say nobody warned us. Jesus told the disciples, to paraphrase, “There shall be wars, and rumors of wars. Do not concern yourselves with these things.”
Or if you prefer fire raining down from Heaven, dogs and cats living together…mass hysteria!
Like I said, it’s not like we haven’t been warned. And much of this is just simply the result of people who should’ve known better acting in defiance of common sense.
So much to comment on, so little time. Short version: the world’s gone nuts. A picture being worth a thousand words, it’s probably just better to juxtapose a few images and point out some obvious contradictions…
1. The flag of our enemy flies over our embassies. A U.S. Ambassador is dead, along with an aide and their security detail – two former SEALS. Bloody handprints on a column at the supposed “safe house” speaks to the horror of their demise:
2. Our government floats a red herring that this was all in response to an amateurish video denigrating (guess who) their prophet Mohammed. Forgive me for being unimpressed, having had to tolerate the deeply offensive “Piss Christ” and knowing that my tax dollars helped support it.
UPDATED 9/22: Irony certainly finds a way to be…ironic. The same Administration which took every opportunity to get their panties in a twist over that ridiculous video now has an opportunity to show equal outrage over “Piss Christ”. Don’t hold your breath.
3. While we’re on the subject, did you know yesterday was Constitution Day? Somebody tell that to this guy:
In case you’re wondering, this is the treatment you can now expect if exercising your free speech rights somehow makes the Powers That Be uncomfortable. Officially, he’s being hauled in for questioning by federal agents regarding suspected parole violations.
At One AM. With news crews helpfully in attendance to document it all. Riiiight.
Clearly the local Po-Po didn’t have anything better to do at that time of night. Because nothing criminal ever goes down after midnight on a weekend…
4. The Fed announces a new “Quantitative Easing” program, QE3, which is pretty much a bottomless mug of money-printing. Because inflating the money supply has always worked out so well everywhere else it’s been tried. Ask Germany. Ask Zimbabwe. Ask Argentina (which, having once been populated by so many escaped Nazis, really should’ve known better).
The laws of economics cannot be ignored any more than the laws of physics, though sometimes the effects take longer to materialize. But once they do, there can be no mistake. And if we go down, you’d better believe the whole world swirls down the bowl with us.
5. Israel is rapidly becoming isolated in a region that has become even more hostile to their existence than it had been before – no small feat, that. Does anyone doubt that they will go to war with Iran, and soon? That is, if they can find a way to keep us from blowing their secrets first…
6. China is agitating for war against Japan over some piddly little group of islands, which they bought, because they were for sale. I don’t get that one at all, except that China feels the time is right to flex the muscles they’ve been building while we’ve been occupied elsewhere. And it’s not just by force of arms.
Memories are long in that part of the world, and I’ve no doubt there are elements in China that are chomping at the bit to settle old scores left over from WWII occupation. Hell, I spent a month in Arctic Warfare school back in the 90’s and met plenty of Norwegians who were still pissed with the Germans. Think about that – this was Norway, poster child for benevolent European mild-mannered socialism.
Then again, this was Norway, home of the freaking Vikings and inspiration for an epic Led Zeppelin song.
7. Good thing we can count on an objective media to keep us informed through these very dangerous times…oh, wait.
Well, at least we have an impartial Justice Department to fairly administer the law. Or not.
Finally, both Democratic and Republican party conventions were beat in the TV ratings by – wait for it – Honey Boo-Boo.
With polls running neck-and-neck and the direction of our Republic hanging in the balance, are we at the mercy of the Brain Dead Reality Show vote?