This piece in PJ Media set my blood boiling. Read at your own risk, but here’s the takeaway:
…the Islamic Republic of Iran:
- Helped design the 9/11 plot
- Provided intelligence support to identify and train the operatives who carried it out
- Allowed the future hijackers to evade U.S. and Pakistani surveillance on key trips to Afghanistan — where they received the final order of mission from Osama bin Laden — by escorting them through Iranian borders without passport stamps
- Evacuated hundreds of top al-Qaeda operatives from Afghanistan to Iran after 9/11 just as U.S. forces launched their offensive
- Provided safe haven and continued financial support to al-Qaeda cadres for years after 9/11
Allowed al-Qaeda to use Iran as an operational base for additional terror attacks, in particular the May 2003 bombings in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Iran? Really? Color me unsurprised.
After 9/11, the U.S. declared war on terror and entered Afghanistan and Iraq. But if Bush had really been serious about attacking jihad terror at its root, he would have invaded Saudi Arabia and Iran instead. Under Obama, the denial and willful ignorance have only gotten exponentially worse.
So one President lets them off the hook while the next gives them free license to build nukes. Yeah, this’ll turn out just peachy.
I’m done with these damned fools. Elect whoever you want, I’ll be stocking up on canned food and ammo. If our government won’t defend us, then we’ll just have to be prepared to do it ourselves.